Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Update :)

Well, I did it! I found a great new job!!

After many long days of submitting resumes to literally hundreds of ads and
enduring hours of interviews I found the perfect job, or should I say it found me.

Let me back track for you. In early January I got a fabulous temp assignment at this amazing not-for-profit foundation. They do amazing things and are even more amazing people to work for. They were kind, generous and offered to help me in my job search.

They taught me tricks of resume writing and interviewing skills and even offered to be references. At one point they told me that if they hadn't already filled the position I was subbing for they would have hired me. I was touched because it was the first time in a very long time I felt like I had done something good at work. I worked hard for the Foundation and it paid off in the respect I earned.

Weekly, during my time there, I picked up the local neighborhood paper. I saw an ad that looked promising and applied. A few weeks later I get a call to come in for an interview.

The interview went swimmingly! And it is such a small world that the creators of this not-for-profit company that I am interviewing for were the same people from my temp assignment. The office manager and I hit it off immediately. I was asked to come back the next day for a second interview.

That went well too. I filled out the necessary paperwork for background checks and such and headed hope, praying they would call me back.

They did. I started yesterday. I love it!

I am working for a place that promotes education in our community. I am not saying their name yet because I want to clear it with the boss first. I would hate to overstep my welcome by flashing their name all over the world when they aren't ready for that yet. But I promise I will keep you posted.

I can finally give a sigh of relief that I won't have to live in a box next month. And with the stress of not having a job over I can go back to doing what I love, whining about life, writing abut stuff and chatting with all of you!

Lots of love,
Shannon

No comments: