Friday, March 9, 2007

Step 1- Gratitude

My gratitude's

The first step in The Secret is to recognize what you are grateful for. By showing thanks for the blessing in your life you can in turn receive even bigger blessings. Here are my beginning list of blessings. I am sure that I have forgotten something, but that doesn't mean I am not grateful for it, it just means I am human and had a momentary lapse of reason.


I am grateful for the very breath I take and the fact that I can wake every morning. I am grateful for my health, wealth and knowledge.


I am blessed in having a wonderful husband, amazing children and the family that I have both through marriage and through birth.


I am grateful for the time I have had with those who are no longer of this earth. May the rest in peace and know how much then meant to me.


Everyday I thank God for the beauty of nature. I love the world around me and marvel in its grandness. I am in awe of creatures great and small and all that they achieve.


I am thankful for my home and my possessions. I have so many blessings of things both material and immaterial that they are too great to name here.


I am thankful for myspace for it has brought me in touch with people I haven't seen or spoken to in some cases decades. It has shortened the space of time and miles between friends both old and new.


I am grateful for the fact that I was fired from the law office in North Carolina because it gave me the motivation to pursue my dream of writing. With the time off I wrote many wonderful stories and was published many times.


I am thankful that I was let go from Women's Health Center. In this potential heartache, I was given the opportunity to work a temporary assignment with a amazing company which lead me to the job I was offered and accepted this week. This position is not a job but a career and I wouldn't have found it without being released from the job I had prior.


I am blessed in my life with my two cats that I adore. They are like children to me. They soothe a stressed day by loving me unconditionally.


There are so many things that I am grateful for and those are just a few of them.
I challenge you to look at what you are grateful for instead of what you are frustrated with. By doing so you will surprise yourself with how relaxed you become. Stop concentrating on the things you hate about your life and start being thankful and you life will change instantly.

No comments: