Saturday, October 7, 2006

Weekend with the family in PA

Hello,

Yes, I am still alive after my fight with the steps at work. Sore and bruised but otherwise ok. John, Johnthan and I decided to head out to Geigertown, PA to meet up with my family for the weekend.

It is a relatively easy drive, straight east on I-76 for about 5 1/2 hours. The drive was beautiful. The leaves aren’t at ‘peak’ colors yet, but they are still breathtaking.

We got in around 11 Friday night and I got to see my cousin Ed for the first time in about 15 years. I also was there to see my parents, who where there for the fall vacation with the family, and it was the first time I have seen them since the October trip I made to Mississippi after the storm.

This morning we got up, had a big breakfast and headed for a giant farmers/flea market. The drive from my aunt’s house there was so pretty. I love all the really old colonial houses with stone walls. I also love the old farm house that line the very curvy streets. The majority of the drive was through a wooded area that was filled with trees in various states of change. Reds, oranges, greens and yellows filled the brisk autumn sky as we winded in an around the hilly landscape. Much of the roads looked like tunnels as the trees reached well above us and the follage flowed above the road. The air was clean and chily, but a good cold because I could where my over-sized sweatshirt comfortably. I love this weather.

This evening after the majority of the clan crashed from lots of beer and way to much Jack Daneils, Dawn, Aunt Phyl, Johnthan and I started talking and playing with some of Dawn’s amazing candles and bath salts. She has come up with some amazing scents that I hope to see on a store shelf one day. Her candles are exquiste. She dreams of doing something with them one day, maybe starting her own business. I hope she does, the world needs more beauty in it and her candles, soaps, bath salts and even her paintings would be perfect. She is truly talented and I hope she keeps that dream alive. I now have some fun ideas of things for Amanda and I to make and to give as presents this holiday season.

Well, the weekend in PA ends in the early afternoon tomorrow as we are planning on leaving after breakfast so we can get home, watch the race in Talledega and get ready for the upcoming week. I wish we could stay longer, but with the new job and John’s job and even Johnathan’s school we just can take the time off right now. But we are planning a longer trip this summer with Erik and Amanda.

Until tomorrow…

No comments: