Saturday, January 13, 2007

Spam–Not Just For Breakfast Anymore

In the past whenever I think of Spam the first thing that pops into my head is a very silly sketch done by Monty Python in which everything in the restaurant was served with Spam. “Eggs and Spam, spam and Spam, Spam Eggs and Spam.” But lately all I can think about are the disgusting spam I get on my websites comments field.

Just today I had 28 spam comments for everything from vicodin to foot fetishes. “Click here to see video of girls with hairy legs and stockings” greeted me when I signed on to post a blog today. (That and a few more I won’t repeat nor want to see again) I wish I could make it go away, but like the flyers that clutter our snail mail boxes there isn’t much we can do about it except put it where it belongs in the trash. So I spend 10 minutes a day filtering out the garbage both in my snail mail, my email and blog. I would much rather it be with a side of eggs.

No comments: