Wednesday, November 14, 2007

State of the world today

I know that Brandi isn't the first to suffer an untimely death, but what is going on in the world, specifically the United States today? In the last few months (and years) our news has been one report after another of a wife, mother, girl friend, sister, daughter, friend being murdered. Usually around the point that they have had enough with their significant others shit. They have a common thread: they want a better life for themselves and their children, and just when they can see that light at the end of the tunnel they are snapped away from those that love them. Why?

I know women have been abused for centuries, but why the sudden rash of killing them? Is it because women today are stronger then in previous generations and knocking them around wasn't enough so now they shut them up permanently? Are we such a feared species that we are being eliminated by the opposite sex? Why are we seeing countless stories of women being murdered? Is it because the ones left behind aren't afraid to speak up when their loved one has been wronged? Is it because we left behind are fighting tooth and nail to bring their perpetrator to justice, or at the very least getting their story out to the masses?

What is going on? If you have some answers please enlighten me. I pray that Stacy Peterson is found safe and sound as well as all of the others out there missing. I wish I had the power to start an Army of loved ones to take back our lives. An Army of angels trying to save those who need saving. I wish I had that power. Maybe one day. Until then I pray.

No comments: