Saturday, November 10, 2007

Update on the search for Brandi. Thank U to all that prayed.

Today the Texas Equasearch traveled to Kiln, MS to begin a search for Brandi through the wooded and often swampy terrane that surrounds our little town in South Mississippi. I logged on tonight to see if there was any word from the search since I am in Ohio and not close enough to go search with them. I really hoped the ending was different. At least her family has closure. I can't even phathom the pain and emptiness that her children, family and friends are feeling right now. I barely knew her and I am crying right now. In our small town we were all joined even if we weren't there every day we feel the pain of our "family" in the little town of Kiln, MS. I feel like a part of me is missing. I kept praying and hoping they would find her even though something in my heart had a bad feeling it wouldn't turn out well. I have conveyed my feelings to
Andrea on the whole situation so I won't rehash it here and tarnish this angels farewell. Brandi as you are watching down from heaven I hope that you can guide the police and justice system to who did this to you. God bless you and your family.And thank you to all my "friends" that sent well wishes and prayed for her safe return.Enough of my rambling between streaming tears...here is the story:Volunteers search Hancock County for missing womanAssociated Press -

November 10, 2007 4:44 PM ET BAY ST. LOUIS, Miss. (AP) - Authorities believe a body found today (Saturday) in tall grass near a powerline clearing is that of a woman who has been missing since Aug. 3.Dozens for volunteers joined the search for Brandi Hawkins Laurent, a 29-year-old mother of 2 who was reported missing by her husband.The Sun Herald newspaper reported Saturday that a positive identification has not been made.However, sources told the paper that the body was tentatively identified from tattoos. Laurent had tattoos on her back and on both legs.Laurent's husband, Leo Laurent, told investigators he and his wife had argued before she left their home on foot in a remote area. He said she left with only the clothes she was wearing.The body was located Saturday by a small party of searchers on horseback about 10 a.m., off Road 528 in the Fenton-Dedeaux Road area.Although the autopsy and lab tests still remain, the disappearance of Brandi Laurent had changed before noon from an official missing person case to a possible murder.

No comments: