Saturday, January 5, 2008

Rewind: Jan 21, 2006 Article:"Courtier for a Cause"

Another article I had published at the Topsail-Island.info website. I guess I had more fashion in me then a I realized.

January 21, 2006


By: Shannon Anicas

Courtier for a Cause

Ever watch the awards shows and say "I would love that dress?"

Well, now you can with the charitable foundation called "Clothes Off Our Back" founded by "Malcolm in the Middle's" Jane Kaczmarek and "The West Wing's" Bradley Whitford.

Using their celebrity and designer connection, they have formed "Clothes Off Our Back" as a way to raise money for children's charities. The items are donated and then listed for public auction with the proceeds going to the owner's charity. Some of the charities included are "Half the Sky", "Cure Autism Now" and UNICEF.

To date, the non-profit "Clothes Off Our Back" has raised thousands for these charities through auctions of celebrity and designer items such as Scarlett Johansson's red Jimmy Choo's or Pamela Anderson's Black and white vintage Bill Bass formal gown. Both of these items were worn at this year's 63rd Golden Globes on January 16.

For the men out there, you weren't left out. Ryan Seacreast host of "American Idol" has donated his Taryn Rose shoes and funny man Steve Carell from "The Office" television show has given his Charles Winston Couture watch for this good cause.

If you would like a piece of celebrity go check out http://www.clothesoffourback.org.

1 comment:

The Truth said...

Wow! That's awesome. I've heard of stores that sell soap opera star's clothing. It's in California though. I love that there's a site where we can shop from home. I would love to get some vintage sunglasses that a celebrity once wore. That would be great!