Tuesday, February 5, 2008

An update from a "little late, but not to little"…

Well, it has been a smidgen over a month since I declared this year I would change my outlook and let the rest fall into place. Well, it is working!

I have not been dieting, but have been more conscious of what I eat and drink. In doing so I have inadvertently lost 12 pounds! The biggest change is how my clothes are fitting. I noticed that my pants were looser all over. That is because I managed to lose 4 inches in my waist and 12 inches in my hips!

Mind you the only thing I have changed is that I love myself more. Have I stopped eating ice cream or chocolate? Nope, if I want it I eat it. I am finding the happier I am with myself the less likely I am to gorge on crappy bad for me foods. In fact I have a beautiful King Cake that my boss got me in celebration of Mardi Gras and I fully intend on enjoying it!

So does happier = healthier? I am beginning to wonder why I didn't try this sooner.