Friday, August 1, 2008

Part 5: Everyday is a winding road…

Life after my initial shock is settling in to a rhythm. I get up, fix breakfast, lunch, clean, etc. I have time to do the things I used to try to cram into my busy schedule. I have been cooking dinner and because of that we aren’t eating out, we are eating much healthier and we are saving money.

I am learning how to plan a menu, shop frugally, have a cleaning routine and have time for the kids.

I have time to read a book and find myself hardly watching TV. I hang out outside with the kids and have a fabulous tan to prove it.

This new life has helped reduce my stress levels, the same levels that caused me to be put on 6 different medications to handle said stress. And because of reduced stress I am able to wean myself (with Dr’s permission) off many of the medications. Our hopes are to be down to no more then 2 medications by years end. Between removing the major cause of my stress and increasing my activities, this is possible.

I have been sleeping so much better! No more sleepless nights worrying about the next days tactics to stay out of people’s way. I can just go to sleep and wake up refreshed and ready for my day. I also have tons more energy then I did before. I am thinking the good nights sleep, good diet, less meds, and more activity is the cause there. How ever it is happening, I am loving it.

Now that I have you caught up with my 5 part series. I hope to post more regularly about cool stuff or whatever pops in my head. Until next time!!!

No comments: