Wednesday, March 31, 2010

It's been a while...

Its been a while. I have been up to my eyeballs in school, life, and trying to get to China.




I went from full-time student in Fall 08-Spring 09 and in summer 09 as well. In fall due to money constraints and the fact I was starting a grand adventure in Chinese I was only a part time student. This spring semester (sp2010) I decided to go full time again. Taking Feature Writing, Chinese 102, Chinese culture through film and American Film history 45-present. It turned out to be a lot harder then I expected.



I also discovered cabin fever can have a powerful effect on motivation, as does sunlight. Needless to say, I haven’t been as diligent a student as in my past semesters.



Some say I’m burnt out on school and I have to agree. I have gone full throttle for nearly 2 years taking hard course and pushing myself to maintain Deans List. It has been extremely rewarding but extremely exhausting. So to that I’m not taking summer classes this year. I know it will prolong my degree but it will save my sanity.



Now for China. Many of you know it has been my passion and dream to make a trip to China this summer. Our University has many different ways of doing via study abroad, language studies, and various culture trips. I was scheduled to attend a 5 week trip to study language. But do to powers that be above my professors head our trip was cancelled. I, and others who have been planning this trip for 2 semesters were devastated to say the least. Lucky I was able to be a last minute add to a culture trip.



On May 13 I begin a 3 week journey to China and South Korea. We will visit Shanghai, Xi’an, Kaifeng, Beijing, Seoul and DMZ. I plan on taking lots of pictures and video and hopefully writing about my journey. I am beyond excited and even did a dance of joy when my passport arrived.



When I get back I’m just going to chill. Well not completely. I am going to be actively writing again. I hope to be a querying monster when all is said and done.



I also plan on reading A LOT! I have literally stack of books to read. I want to get lost in them without worrying that I’m neglecting a paper or a study session. All for pleasure….ahhh I can’t wait!



Also, I’m going relax and spend more time with the family, especially my kiddos who are growing up and in a few short years will be adults.



Well, I have to run I’m going to be late for class. At least the sun is out today!



Until next time!

No comments: