Monday, May 10, 2010

Counting down and counting sheep

As most of you know I have never been the best sleeper. I constantly battle insomnia and when stress levels are up I can’t seem to get my mind to shut off so I can fall into a blissful slumber.



So, here I am 2 days before I leave and despite prescribed sleep aides I am wide awake. Thousands of to-dos are running in and out of my mind. Guilt is also setting in about leaving John and the kids more then I had counted on.



I am becoming more cranky from a combo of no sleep and my withdrawal pattern because I am not good at good byes, even short ones like this. My mind heads immediately to all worst case scenarios about everything. Which sucks because I want to enjoy this trip. I NEED to enjoy this trip.



So, in order to try to become more positive then negative I’m going to go and try meditation. First with my thanking for my blessings then sending out good juju to the world. Then maybe my brain will be ready for bed.



Hugs,

Shannon

No comments: